Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cousin Love




Maddy and her cousin, Anna, have been best friends since they were little.  Anna is 6 mos. older than Maddy and has loved her like a sibling since birth. ( I mean it when I say like siblings...love, irritation, tears, fights, smiles and all! )

My dad took these two on a trip to Sanibel Island Resort for Spring Break. 
 Needless to say, they had a blast.  They recorded their whole trip through photos (thank God for facebook sometimes...) and I just loved the images they came back with.  These photos really do capture their relationship. 

I remember being envious of friends with cousins (or siblings) that were close in age.  My closest sibling is 6 years older and my closest girl-cousin was 3 years younger...and I didn't get to see her very often. So I have really enjoyed watching these two. 

As I watch them grow, I picture them as high schoolers, then college kids, and eventually grown-ups. With their own families.  I hope they stay close!!  And I hope their daughters or sons are just as close as they are!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Good description of their relationship. And aren't they both just gorgeous!

Jen Hunter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen Hunter said...

Sweet little "opposite" girls!

Dagmar said...

YEA....I've been there and still am with my cousing (sibling) Joyce.
You two ROCK.
Dagmar