Sunday, April 3, 2011

Red Balloon


Stella's Red Balloon

This weekend, Stella went to a birthday party and came home with the above red balloon.
As I was processing photos, I was reminded of another little girl and her "red balloon" story.

When Hailey was 2 years old (she's 16 now), we went to a friend's birthday party.  When it was time to leave, she decided that she wasn't yet ready to go.  She was furious with me for making her leave.  FURIOUS.
As I buckled her into her car seat she yelled these words at me...

"I wish I was a red balloon!  I wish I was a red balloon! 
So I could go
UP
UP
UP

AND AWAY FROM YOUUU!!!!!!"

I remember thinking, "man this kid is gonna be SOMETHING ESLE when she's a teenager."
But she's really about the easiest teen in the world.

Nowadays, Stella is starting to show some real temper. 
 Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

1 comment:

Dagmar said...

Oh my....I'll cross my fingers Stella will turn out like her sister. But With God all is well.

LOVE that red balloon my friend.
Great shots too.
Happy day today.
Hugs Dagmar