Sunday, August 16, 2009

KICKIN OFF HAPPY WEEK!!!!!



This summer has been great, but it has also been very sad. I have lost both of my Grandmothers this summer. My maternal Grandmother died on Thursday and we spent the weekend in Boone, NC saying goodbye.
School starts TOMORROW and I am a little stressed out.

So Happy Week could not have come at a better time! Please check out the other happy folks here! Thanks Lisa for being such a lovely host!

We spent a nice long time in the TOY STORE today and I'm so happy that I had my camera because as I was standing there, looking at all of the wonderful things, I suddenly thought
I LOVE TOYS!
Toy stores always make me feel happy! I get new ideas for teaching, see gift ideas for my kids, and I always see something that makes me think..."When I was a child...." Nothing jump starts the imagination like TOYS!





And of course...Stella loves toys too!

4 comments:

lisa said...

stella is precious! and I love ugly dolls. I'm sorry about your losses this summer.

kendalee said...

I'm so sorry that you are in need of an extra dose of happy, but very happy that it's come at a good time for you. And isn't that little face of Stella's just the epitome of "Happy!"? I love to go into toy stores now too. I was not a big fan of toys as a child (preferred books) but as an adult, I find I love them more and more... for ALL the reasons you've listed!

Happy Monday!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

I am so sorry for your losses. I am sending you big hugs!
What an adorable idea to post toys! I love the colors and Stella is so cute!

Lori said...

I love toys too. :) I hope this week of 'happy' makes you feel better!