Monday, December 28, 2009

One Word.

I haven't been writing much lately. As I have explained before, the time of year can be very difficult for me. I have a hard time staying focused and/or organized and I seem to lose all creative sparks. I have been blog surfing like crazy to try and ignite some small little flame to get things moving again.
Once again, the land of blog has given me a little hope. I haven't been very creative with the photography lately so I have been checking shuttersisters daily (along with many other photog favorites). Today's entry got me thinking again. Today's entry is about putting your focus on one new area/idea for the year. Today's entry led me to this wonderful article about choosing ONE word to focus on for the upcoming new year.

ONE WORD.

That really got me thinking. IF I were to choose ONE word to remember as I walk through all areas of 2010, what word would I choose? I could choose from the obvious...PEACE, LOVE OR HAPPINESS...but what one word would I really be able to think about, meditate on, and actually use in my day to day life. One word to remember when things are happy AND when things are sad??

I will continue to think about my one word. I will choose and post on Jan. 1st. If you could choose just one word to focus on in 2010...what would your word be?

2 comments:

kendalee said...

I've been doing this for a few years now and it really helps me focus, provides a touchstone for the year. And since my Birthday, I've been thinking about my word for 2010... It came to me in a flash in the shower this morning, after I dreamt about it a few weeks ago and then couldn't remember it when I woke up. I'm going to let it sit with me for a while to be sure (I have a shortlist now) but I think this is it! Whichever word I settle on, I'll post about it over the weekend... and I so look forward to hearing what yours will be! :)

Jen Hunter said...

I have mine, and I will hold it close to my heart all year long.

Thank you for this!