Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Sister's Family




This was the first year that I can remember that I didn't get to see my sister and her family before Christmas. She usually comes a couple of days before Christmas (Christmas Eve Eve) and we celebrate at Dad's house. Well this year she was unable to come until a couple of days after Christmas. And we went to see her at Mom's instead. Sadly, it just wasn't the same. We usually have all of that preChristmas excitement when she arrives. We get to eat yummy food (well some yummy stuff...sorry Daddy) and open presents. Dad has always
LOVED Christmas so
he has that "Christmas in the air" attitude. We still went to Dad's but it was different without Jill's family. I realized this year just how excited SHE gets about the holidays... and her excitement has always been contagious. I missed catching her excitement bug.

Anyway, long story short, I missed seeing her before Christmas but it WAS great to finally see her after. Here is her lovely fam. (side note: if you have seen the movie Step Brothers....they are totally the family singing in the car...only nicer.)

No comments: