Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Sky Lately




I have been kind of fascinated with the sky lately. The only problem is...I seem to notice the beautiful sky while I'm driving. If you think texting is dangerous while driving, you should see me trying to take photos while I drive. Not good. But the sky has been so lovely that I can't seem to help myself.

I seem to have a whole new respect for the vast blue these days. I can sit and stare out the window for long periods of time. As I sat staring out the window the other day, I remembered that my grandmother's used to do it too. Sit and stare. Sit and stare. Then it dawned on me. I'm officially old.

Believe it or not, I really sort of liked the feeling I got when I thought about that. I actually got it for the first time...EVER. For the first time in my life, I can actually appreciate the sky. Really and truly appreciate something that has been there my whole life. I appreciate every warm day, every sunny day, every blue sky!!

Now if I could only learn to appreciate the gray cloudy skies...that would really be something. The other day when the snow started to fall again I felt a wave of panic rush through my whole body. Why? Because I couldn't see the sky. I'm not even kidding. I felt a paralysis of clostraphobic fear take over my body for a minute or two. I had to deep breathe, count to ten, and remind myself that I would see the sun again. Thank GOD it was sunny again the next day.

So for now, I'm really diggin the sunny skies. KEEP EM COMIN!! Sun=Love

1 comment:

kendalee said...

I had visions of you driving with your camera to your eye and it is a pretty funny (if slightly scary) image! Beautiful skies though, well worth it ;)

I can so relate to this. It's weird 'cause even out in the country here in the UK the sky feels close and the horizon nearby. I miss African skies - BIG skies - high and vast in all directions. Of course, the sky's big elsewhere too (you have HUGE skies in some parts of the US) but not in the UK. I still look up a lot though. I think your grandmother, and now you, in your dotage ;) have it absolutely right - skies call for sitting and staring...

We have grey forecast almost all week - yurgh! I am so glad it's officially Spring though. It gives me hope.