Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oriental Lilies


Here is one of my Valentine's Day presents. Nicholas is a very thoughtful gift giver. He LOVES giving gifts. I tried to tell him many, many times not to get me anything big for VD so I was excited when the flowers arrived at work on Wednesday. I thought the flowers meant he wouldn't be going overboard with a Tiffany gift this year. Now I absolutely LOVE Tiffany's jewels. I realize it is completely ridiculous and totally over priced...but I LOVE the crap outta those little blue boxes. I was totally fine to just get the flowers. In the end, however, he gave me two Twilight books (3 and 4), a tiny box of chocolate...and a little blue box. SHEEESH. Flowers, candy, books and jewelry. It kinda overwhelms me. It's not that I don't appreciate it but sometimes too many gifts, or a big expensive gift, can make me feel a little uncomfortable. And knowing he spent too much makes me feel guilty and gluttonous....like I just ate a whole cake by myself or something. Then there is the fact that I didn't spend nearly as much on him. Cause I CAN'T afford it that's why!! AND NEITHER CAN HE. Oh well. I do love my bracelet. Now let's just hope we can afford groceries all month!!!!

No comments: