Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gratitude Wednesday


Here is a picture of a gift I received today. I love it. I got this little lovely from the parent of one of my students. Her description of the painting was so sweet. She said she just decided to "free paint" and this is what developed! The light represents her son growing and developing...in my class...after coming from a darker place...at his old school. Her son was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome last year and he apparently had teachers that didn't really understand him at all. I am so happy I was able to get to know Grey this year. (He has a beautiful light Lynn!!!--shine on sweet boy!)

I am grateful for my new piece of art!
I am sooo happy to be a teacher today...(It's easy to say that when there are only 1.5 days left..haha)
I am thankful for the old African Proverb ...It takes a village. I don't think I would be able to work full time and raise 4 children without tons of support. My family at home and my family at school are so supportive.
I feel very fortunate to be awake and aware right now...there are beautiful things to see these days!

No comments: