Monday, June 21, 2010

Book Store Field Trips


Stella loves to read. I am really very very happy about that BUT it gets a little tiring some days. Some days we read the same books about 20 times. (Lately it's been Curious George)

I would love to take the kid to the library more often. Due to budget cuts in our area, many of the libraries will be closed for the summer. Ridiculous you say?? No kidding. Saddens me deeply. I will eventually take her to our main library downtown...but in the meantime, we've been hitting up the neighborhood bookstores about once a week instead. She loves it! We sit in a somewhat quiet corner and read her stack of books. I don't think she has a clue the books there are actually for sale. And I'm ok with that!

As for me...I love to read too. I am dying for some new stuff to read. I checked out Oprah's summer reading list and chose The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender for my first read. I will let you know how it goes.

What are the people of blogville reading these days?? I would love some suggestions!

No comments: