Wednesday, June 16, 2010

that SUMMER feelin...

So school has been out around here for almost a week and we are love love loving it!!
Here's what we've been up to...


I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from one of my students! I have really been enjoying the flowers this season. The kids have too. Maddy came home with the beautiful Tiger Lily above...and I fussed at her for picking it...but it is very lovely in my kitchen window!

AND, most of all, we have enjoyed having time to
PLAY.


Tree blocks and little woodland fairies...




books and stories in all shapes, sizes and colors.

(i organized the books by color. a little clever thing i learned during color week. people actually organize books by color. AND I LOVE IT.)


Finn got a new Star Wars Lego kit and put it together alll by himself. (Thank goodness because I am not the spatially gifted type.) It took him less than 2 hours and it's PERFECT.




And of course we went to the craft store. Lots and lots of artsy crafty things for us to use this summer.


Here are all the materials needed to create more little bead fairies to go with our tree blocks...
and check out our prototype below. I love her!!
Little Fairy Princess in her TigerLily home.


HAPPY SUMMER!



No comments: