Thursday, June 24, 2010

taking flight...


"When once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci

I really love this quote. It reminds me that we are all made to do something great. Feel something great. BE something great. Once you've experienced that greatness, you want it to continue to grow. You need it to keep you flying.
I think greatness comes from being quiet enough to listen to those little whispers from your heart that tell you what to do, what you want, and most importantly... what you need. It's not always easy to listen to the Universe when she speaks, but I think it's necessary in order to make room for the greatness that will come from doing so.
This summer I am working hard to take flight. I am trying new things, playing with art, and taking lots of photos. This summer...I am determined to be good enough. Not just good enough...but
GREAT.

1 comment:

kendalee said...

Hi lovely Suzy! I've loved catching up on your summer posts and it looks to me like you're already well on your way to a summer of GREATNESS! And it sounds like great is going to involve lots of creative fun, which is even better :)

I haven't picked my summer reads yet (have a few still outstanding from my Spring list - actually it's just a long ongoing list...) but I really like the look of your first (excellent title!) so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

So happy to be back in blogosphere and long may blue skies continue, for both of us... k xx