Thursday, January 15, 2009

TeenSpace



Here is that little trigger's bedroom. Notice the mess. As I entered the room, camera in hand, she gave me the speech about knocking. She says I never knock. I actually do usually knock but she had her door cracked so I just came in this time....with my camera and started taking pictures. How nice. No wonder she doesn't like me right now. She is used to the camera though...nobody says a word about my picture taking anymore. Anyway, I asked her if she could ever remember knocking on my bedroom door and she said that she never goes in my room. Please. She came in there last night to lay with me for a bit before bed. (Thank God. I am so glad she still likes me enough to do that.) AND NO. SHE DIDN'T KNOCK. Man, this is gonna be tough. I am going to really have to choose my battles I guess.

I love her room. It's always the messiest room in the house. I'm not sure why, but I sort of like the fact that her room is a mess. She is so picky about so many things...so organized with assignments and school work. Every now and then I surprise her by cleaning it and you know what?? She loves it when I do that. She doesn't yell at me for invading her space or anything. Maybe she will before long. Who knows. I love all of her stuff. Even the trash in the corner and her clean clothes on the floor. I am sort of sad at myself for not painting her room yet...we have been in this house for 2.5 years! I am also realizing that she has out grown her sweet little girl bedroom furniture. I think I am going to try to get her some grown up furniture for her birthday. Some how. Some way.

No comments: