Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Better than Chocolate...




I will tell you what's better than eating chocolate...watching your kids dive into some chocolate fondue. I bought a block of milk chocolate for Valentine's Day but because we had to take Hailey to Raleigh that weekend, I just didn't get around to making the fondue until a few days ago. The kids were so excited!!! The liked strawberries the best but before it was all over, they were sticking every food they could find in that stuff. It was just that good.

After our chocolate buzz had worn off and I was putting kids to bed, Finn asked me to sing to him. He hasn't asked me that in a couple of years! He wanted me to remind him of the song I used to sing to them when they were really little. He said, "What's that song about the ice cream and the chocolate??" The song that he was requesting is a Sarah Mclachlan song called Ice Cream.

The song will forever remind me of my little toddler children. Here are the words:

Your love is better than ice cream
Better than anything else that I've tried.
Your love is better than ice cream
Everyone here knows how to cry.
But it's a long way down,
It's a long way down to the place where we started from.

Your love is better than chocolate
Better than anything else that I've tried.
Your love is better than chocolate
Everyone here knows how to fly.
Cause it's a long way down,
It's a long way down to the place where we started from.

No comments: