Saturday, March 7, 2009

DanielSun

I have written before about the power of prayer and/or meditation. I think that I may have helped saved my nephew's life one night. (OK that may not be the case but something powerful happened) He was in a rehab center about an hour away (his 3rd time in rehab i think) and I decided I needed to meditate and "ground" him. I did this whole visualization meditation where I placed a rope of light down his spine. I started at the top of his head, worked my way down his spine and eventually planted him firmly on the ground. I was sort of playing around with the idea of meditating for and about someone else. I started the meditation before I fell asleep but I was so tired that I only got through about half of his body before I fell asleep. I then woke up around 4:30 0r 5am and freaked out because I realized I hadn't finished grounding him. I sort of thought it was silly but I coudn't go back to sleep until I finished. So I got the rope of light all the way through his body planted it into the ground.

The next day my sister called and told me that Daniel had left the rehab facility around 10 or so the night before. (same night i did my grounding) He sort of felt like he was losing it and had to get out of there. He had nowhere to go and no one to pick him up so he just left on foot and walked all night. He finally somehow had a meltdown of sorts and called his dad for help. He asked to be taken back to rehab...he'd had a moment of clarity and wanted to try again.

This may not sound like that big of a deal...but to me it was huge. I still feel like I connected with him somehow that night. I really believe that I put some kind of positive energy out there for him. When my sister told me about his experiences that night, I just cried and cried. I didn't know it at the time, but something inside of me knew that he needed some help at that particular moment.

I still really believe that when we are truly present, we can hear and feel all kinds of things that we normally miss.

Our boy is leaving Monday for a treatment center in Thailand. I pray that he is able to find that same type of presence...the strength, the courage, to fight the beast he has to live with every day. He really is a beautiful boy with a peaceful soul and some light that needs to shine.

No comments: