Monday, May 4, 2009

RAIN

I have been trying to walk for at least 20 minutes a day. Last week, my schedule was so hectic that I missed three days in a row. I am determined not to do that again this week. So determined, in fact, that I went for a walk in the rain a little while ago. When I left the house there was a light sprinkle. I knew the rain was coming...but I went out anyway. As luck would have it, the clouds let loose the deluge and I was exactly halfway through my walk and a good ten minutes from my house. So I decided to run part of the way. I loved it! Not necessarily the running part, in fact when I got home after running the last few minutes I thought my heart might explode. But while I was walking/running with the rain pouring down I felt really good. I was happy to be out in the rain.

Getting old is a funny thing. 15 years ago I NEVER would have gone running in the rain. I hate running. Have always hated it. Used to hate rain too. But tonight I kind of enjoyed the run AND the rain.

I don't know if I will run regularly but I sure won't shy away from walks in the rain. Very exhilarating experience!

No comments: